Working safely is THE paramount priority within Road & Rail Services. We are committed to the health and welfare of every person, and the first goal of our organization is to send ALL associates home safely to their families every day. Every Road & Rail Services associate understands that workplace safety cannot be mandated, it must be owned by each and every one of us. This core safety philosophy is epitomized through the leadership of our management staff. Communicating clear management expectations, plans and goals allow us to maintain an effective SAFETY culture that believes:
- All accidents are preventable.
- We strive to send our associates home SAFELY every day.
- Every associate is responsible for their own SAFETY and the SAFETY of those around them.
- Training is the key to SAFETY.
- Focus on quality creates a SAFE workplace.
- Our SAFETY performance is a direct reflection of our leadership effectiveness.
This "Safety First" culture encompasses our organization with focus on prevention through strong training programs as well as hazard identification and awareness. Our associates take great pride in being recognized for achievement of safety milestones, and they are rewarded both monetarily and through intrinsic recognition for safety accomplishments.